Monday 22 June 2015

#FOODGASM : Calling all Tom Yam fanatics (:

One of my all time favourite food is definitely tom yam. I even judge restaurants based on the quality of their tom yam (terrible right? :P). I always order tom yam whenever I go to a new restaurant because no matter how bad it is, I will surely be able to digest it. However with that being said, I truly appreciate restaurants that are able to produce foodgasmic tom yams with fresh ingredients and thick soup with an affordable price. Because let's face it, we are willing to pay for good food but constantly paying for expensive food is gonna burn a hole in our limited allowance. So let me introduce you to one of my favorite tom yam restaurants, Jemari at Kelana Jaya.


I came across Jemari when my mummy was working at Kelana Jaya. I used to visit her during her lunch time and some of her colleagues recommended Jemari as they knew I loved tom yam. The first time I went there and tasted the tom yam, I felt like I had finally found the perfect tom yam. The tom yam campur which consist of prawn, cuttlefish (sotong), chicken and mushrooms only costs RM8.80 which can be shared by 2 persons. Now the taste, how do I describe it? It's spicy, sour and sweet not like the traditional Thai cuisine. One plate of rice is surely not enough to enjoy this delightful dish.

I also discovered a crowd favourite which is the Kerabu Kangkung which is a vegetable dish that is unlike the usual. The kangkung is wrapped in flour and fried till crispy. Then a sweet and sour Thai sauce is added with nuts and chilli. Even those who totally hate vegetables (like me :P) will be entized by this dish, trust me cause it ain't your regular vegetable dish. The best part is this dish goes perfectly well the Tom Yam soup.

Now to get there via public transportation, you just gonna take the T625 bus from Taman Bahagia LRT station and get off at the bus stop opposite 99 Speedmart. Jemari is a few shops away from 99 Speedmart, next to Tutti Frutti. For those who are driving, just Waze it :)


Know of a place that serves foodgasmic tom yam? Lemme know about it because I can never get enough of tom yam =D


Xoxo,
Yvettelicious ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment